G6.5. The swaying of the Magnocraft (rocking torque)
© Dr. Eng. Jan Pająk

G6.5. The swaying of the Magnocraft (rocking torque)

It should also be mentioned here that principles similar to those described in the previous subsection G6.4, are involved in swaying the Magnocraft around a horizontal axis. The creation of the rocking torque is necessary in all cases when the vehicle must slant along one of its horizontal axes. An example of such slanting may be a case when the floor of the vehicle must be placed parallel to the surface of the ground on which it intends to land. (This is especially prominent when a vehicle intends to land on a slope of hill.)
In order to form the rocking torque "TP" in the Magnocraft, the output flux "A" and the inclination angle "I" of side propulsors located on the selected sides of the vehicle must be so controlled, that the produced vertical "V" component of the stabilization force is increased or decreased by the required value. The values of these two parameters (i.e. "A" and "I") are chosen so that the vertical components "V" of the stabilization forces "A" created by these side propulsors are differing, means that e.g. VE > VW. This ensures the slanting of the vehicles base by a required angle. The difference between vertical components "V" from the required sides, multiplied by the radius "R" of the vehicle, produces the necessary rocking (slanting) torque "TP", the value of which is expressed by the following equation:

TP = R(VE - VW)             (G32)

(i.e. the rocking (slanting) torque "Tp" is equal to the difference ("VE" minus "VW") between the vertical components of stabilization forces, multiplied by the radius "R = d/2" of the vehicle).

At the same time, the horizontal components "HE" and "HW" of the forces created by these propulsors must be equal to one another, means HE = HW. This causes that the rocking torque "TP" just created is not accompanied by a simultaneous change in the rotary torque acting on this vehicle (i.e. that the torque "Ts" remains unchanged).
It is worth to notice that the action of the rocking torque "TP" described in this subsection is very similar to the rotary torque "TS" described in subsection G6.4. The difference between these two boils down to the type of component which is differentiated in both opposite side propulsors, and to the selection of side propulsors which are taking part in the production of a given torque. For the formation of rocking torque "TP" varied are outputs "A" and inclination angles "I" on any possible side of the vehicle, to produce the required values of components "VE" and "VW". In turn for the formation of a rotary torque "TS" varied are outputs "A" and inclination angles "I" only at the eastern (E) and western (W) sides of the vehicle, to produce the required values of components "HE" and "HW".
Sometimes the output “V” from side propulsors located at one side of a given vehicle may need to be extinguished partially or completely. This appears especially frequent during landings, when the floor of the vehicle must be oriented parallel to the level of the ground. The result will be, that if for example such a vehicle is photographed, like that one shown in Figure P15, then the propulsors that are extinguished will not be visible on the photograph, although there will be a clear break in continuity of location of subsequent propulsors captured on such a photo. Especially such extinguishing of propulsors will be necessary during landings on the slope of a hill, when the Magnocraft must force its base parallel to the ground. In such cases propulsors located on one side of the vehicle can be completely extinguished. Therefore on some occasions, during landings of the Magnocraft only half-rings may be scorched in grass (see subsection G11.3.2 and Figure G38).

=> G7.
Antworten to top

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste