G11.2. Main ways a single Magnocraft can land
© Dr. Eng. Jan Pająk

G11.2. Main ways a single Magnocraft can land

There are numerous factors which define the attributes of the marks left on the ground by a landed Magnocraft. To a group of factors that depend on the landed vehicle itself, belong: (1) the mutual distance of the Magnocraft and surface of the ground level at the moment of producing a particular landing site (this distance is named a “depth of landing” in subsections G3.1.6 and G11.3.2., (2) mutual orientation of the Magnocraft and surface of the ground on a given landing (i.e. whether the floor of the vehicle is parallel to surface of the ground, or rather is positioned under an angle), (3) a dynamic state of the vehicle's magnetic field (i.e. whether this field is stationary or whirling), (4) positioning of the vehicle during a flight (i.e. whether it flies in standing or hanging position), (5) configuration of the vehicle (i.e. whether it is a single Magnocraft or one of countless couplings of several such vehicles). Of course, independently from factors depending on the vehicle itself, the current attributes of the landing are also shaped by the time of landing, age of the landing, geographic latitude of the landing area, a kind of environment in which the landing took place, the slanting of the ground, and many other factors. This subsection reviews the main classes of landing sites of the Magnocraft, formed as a result of variations on the most vital amongst above factors.
Figure G33 illustrates the impact that the height at which a single Magnocraft hovers has on the type of marks that this vehicle leaves on the ground. (In subsections G3.1.6 and G11.3.2 this dependency of shape of a landing site from the height on which the vehicle hovers is called a “depth of landing”).
Depending on the total distance "ht" from the vehicle's base to the end of the Magnocraft's magnetic circuits (i.e. "span" of the vehicle's circuits), there are only three possible positions of a single Magnocraft flying in a standing position in relation to the ground level. In these positions the vehicle's magnetic circuits in relation to the ground level can be such that:
#1. The Magnocraft hovers at the height smaller than the span "hm" of its magnetic circuits. In such a case force lines of magnetic circuits of this Magnocraft are entering underground, forming circuits looped under the surface of the ground. (The term "are looped" means that the circuits first enter underground and then turn back to the surface.) In this case, depending on the relation of the height "hx", "hy", or "hz" at which the vehicle hovers to the total span "hm" of the vehicle's main magnetic circuits, three further specific cases can be distinguished. The discussion of these cases is provided in subsection G11.2.1 - see Figures G33 and G34.
#2. The Magnocraft hovers at the height exactly equal to span "hm", i.e. the main magnetic circuits of it are turning back exactly along surface of the ground – see Figure G35. In other words, the looping of these circuits occurs along lines exactly level with the surface of the ground. This takes place when the Magnocraft hovers exactly at the height "hm" (see Figure G35).
#3. Main magnetic circuits of the Magnocraft are contained totally in the air and so do not touch the surface of the ground. This occurs when the Magnocraft hovers at a height that is much greater than the total span "hm" of the vehicle's main magnetic circuits (see Figure G36).
Since the marks left in each of the above cases must differ, they are discussed separately in several subsections that follow.
Where the dynamic states of the vehicle's magnetic field are concerned, two of these can be distinguished, i.e. (1) a stationary (non-whirling) field - which prevails in the throbbing
and the magnetic lens mode of the Magnocraft's operation, and (2) a field whose force lines are spinning around the spacecraft - this prevails when the vehicle operates in the magnetic whirl mode. The impact that these two modes have on the marks left on the ground mainly concerns the mutual connection between subsequent marks scorched by side propulsors. In general, a non-whirling magnetic field produces a series of mutually separated marks (see part "b" of Figure G34), each of which is left by a different side propulsor. In turn a whirling field joins all the marks from the side propulsors into one continuous ring or ellipsis (see part "c" of Figure G34).

=> G11.2.1.
Antworten to top

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste